The Code is simply a code of what mode we need to operate in as members of this community in order to protect everyone's privacy and well being here in the sphere...A few simple things to remember:
When you invite someone into the network you are responsible for using the highest level of judgment in who you choose to invite. Apply the same quality standards that you use in your community when inviting loved ones to visit and this sphere will thrive with warmth and well being.
* Common sense applies-these forums are for open dialogue in the spirit of trust, cooperation, respect, and sharing.
* You are responsible for moderating any group that you start - we can help get started and will be posting info as we go along.
* You can start your own community group and strongly encourage you to do so if you currently live in a community.
* You can participate in your Groups' Discussions and the open forums in the but you won't have access to participate in discussions of a group unless you join.
* Assume that information you post is going to be shared with others. Please be sure to include source links when applicable.
* You are responsible for your own words. Debate can be healthy when done in the spirit of sharing perspectives and respecting different points of view.
* Feel free to post videos & photos or any other content you want to include both for personal sharing and as part of discussions.
* There is no such thing as a stupid question or idea. Inquire! Use your imagination! Share your ideas! Tell us what is working! What can we do better? You have a voice in these community forums, we are all learning and educating each other.
* This network is 90% about the people, and only 10% about the technology.
YOU have the power and authority to build this platform and develop these forums in ways in which you feel will most benefit yourselves and your groups. The Goals:
~To provide a positive space for facilitating discussion regarding the advancement, establishment, and promotion of the EcoVillage model and all things sustainable.
~To share info, educate, motivate, and inspire each other.
~ To offer and discuss solutions, not dwell on problems.
~To grow, strengthen, and empower the web of interconnections among us, enabling more solution based actions which will further everyone's sustainability goals.