Blessings all Just wanted to share a Handout that I made for a recent Raw food Demo I did here in Saskatoon. Love love love these recipes and hope you do as well as find value in the tips :)
Happy happy Holidays filled with much
Peacelovenseaonalfruit ck :)
A Sweet Raw Feast with Chris Kendall of The-Raw-Advantage.com
Often it's not about what you take out of the diet, but what you add in. By eating meals of fruit, or starting your meals with whole, fresh, ripe, raw fruits and vegetables you automatically get more nutrients, flavour and sweetness in your life. The foods you enjoy the most from the plant kingdom can make up the largest percentage if not all of your diet for optimal health. Calorie per calorie there is no better choice than fruits and vegetables.
5 easy ways to increase your Health and Vitality
1. Eat only when you’re hungry: Most of us eat unconsciously, when bored, or because the clock says so. Real hunger isn't felt with gurgling in the stomach, isn't anxious, painful, or urgent.
2. Enjoy more fresh raw ripe fruit: Always eat fruit on an empty stomach. For breakfast this is easy, eat as much as you want 15 -20 minutes before or for lunch and dinner.
3. Get in your Fresh Organic Raw Greens: Follow or accompany fruits with as much leafy greens as you care for. Enjoy more salads, green smoothies, and green soups to up the intake.
4. Don't eat late at Night: Try to give yourself minimum of 3 hours before bed for better digestion and assimilation. A full stomach at bed ensures fermentation and a sour stomach to start the day.
5. Get your Rest: Sleep as much as you feel you need, every hour before midnight can act like two. When hurt allow for extra rest, listen to your body and give it the time and rehabilitation it needs.
Sweet Pina Mandarin
8 - 9 mandarin oranges (2 lb / 920 g)
½ sweet Pineapple (0.5 lb / 230 g)
Peel Mandarins and place in the blender. Carefully cut the thick skin from the Pineapple and add to Blender. Blend until smooth Sweet and Juicy. Enjoy!
6 of your favourite tomatoes (1.5 lb / 690 g )
1 sweet mango (1 lb / 460 g)
1⁄2 to 1 lime
cilantro to taste
Dice half of the tomato and half of the mango, blend remaining two and add lime and cilantro to taste. Simple and delicious, this makes my favourite salad or noodle dressing of all time when equal parts mango and tomato are used. Use equal parts mango or omit the lime if you want more sweetness. (430 cal.)
Faux Bolognese Zucchini Pasta
4 medium zucchini (1 lb / 460 g), 6 tomatoes (1.5 lb / 690 g), Cauliflower(.5 lb / 230 g), 1 Red Bell pepper (.25 lb / 115 g), sun dried tomatoes (1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup / 60 – 120 g), 1 Medjule Date, Basil to taste Using chosen method (for this dish I prefer making angel hair noodles) make zucchini into noodles. Dice 1⁄2 tomato, 1/3 sun dried tomatoes, pepper and celery, toss together. Blend remaining ingredients into a thick sauce adding more sun dried tomatoes if needed. You might want to add a handful of grapes or a half cup of mango to sweeten it up. This adds a fun flavour. The quality of tomatoes makes this dish. I love using sweet cherry tomatoes! (260 - 350 cal.)
Recipes by Chris Kendall from 101 Frickin' Rawsome Recipes
Available as a Book and a Ebook by Donation
Visit The-Raw-Advantage.com For more info, tips, tools and Fun